- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- ADAPT Community Network
- Family Child Care Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
Celebrating our strong public schools
Honoring our dedicated educators, students and parents
New Yorkers want strong neighborhood schools that accept and uplift all children. In the face of the deep inequities that have riven our nation, public education is one of the few equalizers.
This vision is under grave assault. Billionaire Betsy DeVos, Trump’s U.S. education secretary, believes that education should be a private marketplace. She has used her family’s vast fortune to push private-school vouchers and for-profit charter schools.
But DeVos underestimates the commitment of the public education community. We will not allow her to defund and undermine our nation’s public schools. We are #PublicSchoolProud.
We want to showcase the great things that are happening in our public schools every day, honor our students’ accomplishments and illustrate the joys of teaching and learning.
At this year's Teacher Union Day on Nov. 5, we'll honor chapters and individual members who made outstanding contributions to our campaign.
Watch the videos and see how educators, students and parents show they're #PublicSchoolProud.
See how educators, students and parents across the city came together on Valentine's Day 2017 to show why they love and are proud of their public schools.