- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Consultation Meeting Minutes: Nov. 5, 2014
Consultation meeting of the UFT and NYC Department of Education
published November 5, 2014
Date of meeting : Nov. 5, 2014
Held at: 28-11 Queens Plaza North
- UFT: Leslie McDonnell, OT/PT chapter leader, and Laura Tamburo, special representative and therapist liaison
- DOE: OT Director Suzanne Sanchez, OT Director Darnell Young and PT Director Carlo Vialu
The following was discussed:
- Assignment list for the current therapists will be shared with the UFT.
- A copy of the posting and responsibilities regarding the SIT position will be sent.
- The SIT position is a mentor positing and not mandatory except for new hires.
- A suggestion was made to generate a needs assessment regarding PD for therapists.
- There was a discussion regarding following up with the online evaluation of the workshop mentioned in the last meeting.
- It was discussed that speakers for future workshops should be nationally known.
- PD for therapists will not include the supervisor?s level workshops this year.
- Paperwork responsibilities at the school level was discussed.
- Therapists should contact their supervisors when additional school demands become excessive so that the supervisor may assist in a remedy.
- There was a request to follow up with an email regarding school supplies and equipment.
- There was a discussion regarding the distribution of Google Chromebooks.
- Therapists will be officially notified through the Department of Citywide Administrative Services regarding Chromebook distribution.
- A note was made that the Department of Education will send out the contact list for supervisors.
- The summer program letter was discussed.
- The DOE website with HR Connect guidelines for maternity (with fillable forms) was discussed.
- It was noted that the HR issue was not part of the meeting.
What is your favorite movie about a teacher?
Dead Poets Society
Stand and Deliver
Mr. Holland's Opus
Total votes: 588