Chapter news

You can contribute to your TDA with your October lump sum payment

This October, we'll receive a one-time, lump-sum payment.

If you are a Board of Education Retirement System (BERS) member and take advantage of the Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) program to save for your retirement, you may increase your TDA contributions with income from your October lump-sum payment.

To contribute to your TDA with these funds, you'll need to submit a temporary rate change form to the BERS office before the deadline of Thursday, Sept. 27.

Download and print the form »

After you've printed and filled out your temporary rate change form, you may submit it one of three ways:

  1. Scan and email the form to
  2. Fax the form to 718-935-3830, then email to confirm receipt.
  3. Deliver the form in person to the BERS office at 65 Court St., 16th floor, in Brooklyn. Directions »
User login
Enter the email address you used to sign up at
If you don't have a profile, please sign up.
Forgot your password?