- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the Nonpublic Schools D-64 Chapter
Welcome to the Nonpublic Schools (D-64) Chapter’s page on the UFT’s website. I am honored to serve as your chapter leader.
Leading this chapter is an enormous responsibility, and I am dedicated to serving you and working together with you to meet any challenges we face. This site was designed to keep members informed on union news that is pertinent to our chapter. By updating the resources on our chapter website, I hope to make sure it is useful to you both personally and professionally.
I look forward to collaborating with you and continuing our communication. As we await the Supreme Court’s decision on Janus v. AFSCME, the union is taking concrete steps to ensure the UFT’s continued success. Please contact me if you are interested in a more active role in the union. I am also always available to answer your questions either by phone at 212 777-7500 X4133 or by email at email@example.com.
Meet the President, Jan. 11
UFT President Michael Mulgrew will meet with members of a number of functional chapters on Thursday, Jan. 11, at UFT headquarters at 4 p.m. Throughout the school year, UFT President Michael Mulgrew meets with members in small, informal gatherings to give them important updates on education and labor issues in the city, state and nation, to listen to member concerns and to answer questions. Other officers and staff members will also be present to address individual concerns.
Your union-provided health benefits
Union members have worked hard to win and defend the many benefits you can read about in this section. You’ll find comprehensive information about health benefits, pension, discounts, member help programs and much more. You’ll also find downloadable copies of the forms you need. It’s one-stop shopping for all your union benefits information.
- The UFT’s Recreational Activities Department’s Just for Fun program offers group trips and discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, car rentals, and more.
- As a UFT member, you are entitled to teacher and educator discounts. Many stores and companies offer special discounts to teachers, educators, school-based staff and city employees. Some of these discounts require you to verify your DOE email address; others require valid school or teacher ID. Some of these discounts are only available in stores, not online. Make sure to check with the individual companies if you have questions about how to verify your identity and receive your discount. Teacher and educator benefits
- UFT members are members of our state affiliate, New York State United Teachers. As NYSUT members, they have access to a variety of endorsed insurance, financial, legal and discount programs through NYSUT Member Benefits. The links below provide details about each item listed. NYSUT member benefits For more information, applications or brochures about any of these endorsed programs and services, please contact NYSUT Member Benefits at 800-626-8101 or visit their website.
- Through the UFT, all members are also members of the American Federation of Teachers and have access to the AFT’s member benefits. You’ll have to create an account if you do not have an AFT member card. Your local union number for the UFT is 00002. AFT member benefits