- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Analysts and Officers
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- UFT Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
- NEW Si Beagle Fall 2016 Bulletin
- NEW Si Beagle additions and corrections
- NEW Si Beagle Fall 2016 registration coupon
- NEW Si Beagle Intersession registration coupon 2017
- NEW Si Beagle Fall 2016 Florida registration coupon
- NEW Florida schedule of meetings 2016-2017 and Florida Fall 2016/Intersession 2017 course program
Outreach sections — Check chapter calendar for activities.
Florida section — Check chapter calendar for activities.
Annual meetings — January through March. Fliers mailed and posted on calendar.
Reflections in Poetry and Prose — Our yearly collection of published writings by UFT retirees.
Reflections in Poetry and Prose guidelines — Follow these instructions to submit your writing.
Day at the University — Special all-day event in June. Luncheon with guest speakers.
Annual arts and crafts exhibits — Learning Centers event in June.
Through Retiree Programs, retirees are connected to the United Federation of Teachers, UFT Welfare Fund, Retired Teachers Chapter (RTC), Supplementary Health Insurance Program (SHIP), Retiree Social Services and the Si Beagle Learning Centers Program.
Upon retirement, retirees are still covered by the UFT Welfare Fund; however, some of the benefits are tailored more towards retirees. One of the benefits is participation in the Si Beagle Learning Centers program; with trips, courses, seminars and plethora of related activities.
Retirees are invited to the Welcome New Retiree Luncheon as a “Thank You” for all their years of service in the New York City Public Schools. This luncheon traditionally takes place in November after their retirement. Other activities include the Si Beagle Learning Centers Program, Day at the University, and “Reflections in Poetry and Prose,” a writing project published annually. The Florida office offers services, courses, trips and seminars (Florida Si Beagle Course Program). There are also activities across the country wherever there is an outreach program.
There are Retiree Programs’ staffers located at UFTWF headquarters in New York (central) that are available to answer retiree questions and assist with information and guidance. In addition, the coordinators in each area are able to process information on a local level as well as refer questions to the central staff in New York and Florida.
For retirees that have a social services question or need, we have UFTWF Social Services staff to assist nationwide with these concerns.
The UFTWF is here for you, in retirement as well as when you were in service. We want you to “stay connected” with us and enjoy all that is offered. We thank you for your years of service to the students of the New York City Public Schools.
Gerri Herskowitz, Director of Retiree Programs
52 Broadway, 17th New York, NY 10004