- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
DOE Documents for Observation & Evaluation
Most of the documents below are PDF files. If you encounter any problems viewing PDFs on your computer, you may need to install the free Adobe Reader software.
Chief Executives' Memorandum #80, 1998: Performance Review and Professional Development Plan for Teachers
A summary of the recommendations in "Teaching for the 21st Century."
Advice for principals and other supervisors on observing and evaluating teachers.
A report prepared by the Office of Appeals and Reviews, Division of Human Resources.
The Teacher Effectiveness Program is a no-stakes pilot study of a possible new approach to teacher evaluation and development.
Guidelines for annual performance reviews including school-based professional development for New York City public school teachers.