- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- UFT Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Get Involved
Donate money to Hurricane Sandy relief
Help UFT members whose lives have been devastated by the storm!
Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Hurricane Sandy volunteer form
- UFT Urgent Assistance Form
- Hurricane Sandy response resources
- For more information, contact our Hurricane Sandy hotline at 212-701-9611, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thousands of UFT members rose to the occasion in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, serving admirably in evacuation centers across the city and providing comfort and solace to our fellow New Yorkers. UFT members in the hospitals and the Visiting Nurse Service have been on the frontlines both during and in the aftermath of the storm.
As caregivers in schools, hospitals and child care programs, UFT members will be at the forefront as our communities begin down the long road to recovery. As we do this important work, we must not only care for our students but also for each other. We have all been affected by the storm. Many of us have lost homes; some of us have lost family or friends.
The UFT Disaster Relief Fund is collecting monetary donations for UFT members and their families in dire need to help them recover from this disaster.
Use this page to make a secure donation online, or write a check to the UFT Disaster Relief Fund at UFT Disaster Relief Fund, c/o Vice President Karen Alford, UFT, 52 Broadway, 14th floor, New York, NY 10004.