What is a salary differential? How do I apply for one?

A salary differential is an increase based on earned academic credits, coursework or degrees beyond the bachelor’s degree. In order to receive a higher salary for your advanced academic qualifications, you must fill out the DOE’s online salary differential form and submit hard copy to the DOE along with your original (not photocopied) transcripts. The union recommends that you hand-deliver this application to 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, Room 102 and get a receipt. If your application is approved, you will receive a Certificate of Salary Differential via e-mail.

How useful is this Q&A?
Rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)
User login
Enter the email address you used to sign up at UFT.org.
If you don't have a UFT.org profile, please sign up.
Forgot your password?