- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Medicare Part D
Guide to Medicare Part D
- Reimbursement of the 5% out of pocket expenditures in excess of the catastrophic level.
Medicare Part D
Who is covered?
Retirees and their eligible spouse/domestic partner who have enrolled in, and purchased, a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Program and have reached the annual 5% catastrophic coverage threshold are covered. Other dependents are not covered.
What is the benefit?
This benefit will reimburse the 5% out of pocket co-payments incurred in the catastrophic coverage portion of the Medicare Part D plan.
How are benefits obtained?
You must complete a Medicare Part D Reimbursement Claim Form and submit it to the Welfare Fund no later than February 1 in the year following the calendar year in which you incurred the 5% copayment charges, along with the letter and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) received from your Health Insurance carrier.
Note: If you have not reached the catastrophic threshold of your Medicare Part D plan, you do not qualify for the benefit and you should not file a claim form.
At the end of every year, the health plan that you are enrolled in for the Medicare Part D program will send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
Where can I get the Reimbursement Claim Form?
You can obtain the form in any of the following ways:
- by calling the Welfare Fund's hotline, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 212-539-0539; or
- by calling the Welfare Fund during business hours at 212-539-0500; or
- by downloading the Medicare Part D Reimbursement Claim Form.