- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- UFT Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Get Involved
Join our Facebook campaign
Change your profile picture in solidarity
published January 10, 2013
The mayor says the UFT, like the NRA, does not speak for its members.
The mayor says teachers trust him and the DOE to create and implement a new evaluation system.
Let’s tell the mayor who the UFT is.
To show your solidarity with your colleagues and your union, change your Facebook profile picture to the I AM THE UNION image below.
How to change your Facebook profile picture
On your computer
- Download the I AM THE UNION picture.
- Open your Facebook profile by clicking your name, either on the left side (below the Facebook logo) or the right edge of the toolbar up top.
- Mouse over your current photo picture, click Edit Profile Picture, then choose the Upload Photo option from the drop-down menu that appears. Select i-am-the-union.jpg.
On your mobile device
- Save the I AM THE UNION picture to your phone by holding your finger on the image until you see the Save Image option.
- Open your Facebook app and create a new post using the I Am the Union photo.
- In your Facebook news feed or your profile, locate your new post, tap the I Am the Union image to make it full-screen, and hold your finger on the image until options appear — choose Make Profile Picture.
Jan 27, 2015