- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- Family Child Care Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
The UFT’s pension clinic is designed for you members who are thinking of retiring in a year or two. It is a mini-course on your retirement benefits.
Topics covered include:
- How to calculate an estimate of your Qualified Pension Plan defined benefit retirement allowance;
- The Teachers’ Retirement System’s investment program;
- The Tax-Deferred Annuity program;
- Optional forms of retirement allowance;
- Terminal leave and termination pay; and
- Retirement health insurance and Welfare Fund benefits.
No one should retire without participating in at least one series of pension clinics. Many members attend more than once. No registration is required. Do yourself a favor and take the time to prepare for the major financial aspect of your retirement, which will affect the rest of your life.
Queens borough office (97-77 Queens Blvd., Rego Park) and Bronx borough office (2500 Halsey St.)
Part 2 — Friday, May 5, 4:15 to 6:15 p.m.
Tier VI pension/TDA
(Tier VI is the pension plan for members who joined TRS on April 1, 2012 or later.)
UFT headquarters, 52 Broadway, Manhattan
May 18, 4:15 to 6:15 p.m.
All clinics at 52 Broadway, Manhattan
Wednesday, July 12, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 13, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 17, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.