- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
The UFT’s pension clinic is designed for members who are thinking of retiring in a year or two. It is a mini-course on your retirement benefits.
Topics covered include:
- How to calculate an estimate of your Qualified Pension Plan defined benefit retirement allowance;
- The Teachers’ Retirement System’s investment program;
- The Tax-Deferred Annuity program;
- Optional forms of retirement allowance;
- Terminal leave and termination pay; and
- Retirement health insurance and Welfare Fund benefits.
If you're thinking about retiring, we urge you to take advantage of this member service. You may attend more than once, and many of our members do! The information you receive will help you make the important financial decisions for a secure retirement.
All workshops are held from 4 to 6:15 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 11 — UFT headquarters, 52 Broadway
- Friday, March 15 — UFT's Queens office, 97-77 Queens Blvd.
- Friday, March 22 — UFT's Queens office, 97-77 Queens Blvd.
- Friday, April 5 — UFT's Brooklyn office, 335 Adams St.
- Thursday, Jan. 10 — UFT headquarters, 52 Broadway