- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
The UFT’s pension clinic is designed for you members who are thinking of retiring in a year or two. It is a mini-course on your retirement benefits.
Topics covered include:
- How to calculate an estimate of your Qualified Pension Plan defined benefit retirement allowance;
- The Teachers’ Retirement System’s investment program;
- The Tax-Deferred Annuity program;
- Optional forms of retirement allowance;
- Terminal leave and termination pay; and
- Retirement health insurance and Welfare Fund benefits.
No one should retire without participating in at least one series of pension clinics. Many members attend more than once. No registration is required. Do yourself a favor and take the time to prepare for the major financial aspect of your retirement, which will affect the rest of your life.
All sessions will take place from 4:15 to 6:15 p.m.
Tier IV: UFT's Queens office, 97-77 Queens Blvd.
Part 1: Friday, March 9
Part 2: Friday, March 16
Tier IV: UFT's Queens office, 97-77 Queens Blvd. and UFT's Bronx office, 2500 Halsey St.
Part 1: Friday, May 4
Part 2: Friday, May 11
Tier VI: UFT's Queens office, 97-77 Queens Blvd. and UFT's Bronx office, 2500 Halsey St.
Friday, April 13