- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- UFT Providers
- Get Involved
UFT.org Home > News > New York Teacher > Retired teachers chapter news > Subs: Register with SubCentral
All districts are using the new, automated SubCentral system and as a substitute, you are eligible to work anywhere in the New York City school district. As a retiree you will automatically receive your substitute certificate in the mail; however, you can register with SubCentral prior to actually receiving your substitute certificate.
In order to serve as a substitute, you must register with SubCentral. You can register online or by telephone by following the instructions listed below. If you have already registered with the SubCentral system, you do not need to reregister. The PIN you created should be used when accessing the SubCentral system.
Registration information: In order to use the SubCentral system, you will need to register using your file number as your Access ID and PIN. You must change your PIN number as part of completing the registration process. You can register and change your PIN number using online registration or by calling 718-935-6740.
If you have questions or concerns, call or email SubCentral at:
- SubCentral help desk email address: email@example.com.
- SubCentral office number (live help desk, 6 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday): 718-935-4401.