- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Here are some resources to help teachers improve their professional skills and promote their students’ growth and academic achievement.
Communicating with Parents
The school-home connection is important to successful student learning, and communication is key to building and maintaining partnerships between the school staff and home.
Transitioning to Kindergarten: A Toolkit for Early Childhood Educators
This toolkit, created by the AFT and the National Center for Learning Disabilities, includes tools and materials that will help you implement strategies to facilitate this process and enhance children’s transition to kindergarten.
A series of brochures from the AFT can help teachers develop effective techniques in the classroom and beyond.
- Appropriate Uses of Modern Technology — Teaching online safety to students, social networking.
- Assigning Effective Homework — Characteristics of good homework assignments and classroom considerations.
- Before the Year Begins — Classroom arrangement and design, procedures and rules and reinforcing teachers' expectations.
- Behavior Management Techniques for Safe Schools — How to prevent problematic behavior and promote a safe learning environment.
- Building Parent-Teacher Partnerships — Communication strategies for building strong relationships with your students' families.
- Creating a Classroom Team — How good communication and teamwork can lead to student success.
- Quality Classroom Assessment Techniques — When done right, classroom assessments give us the most reliable and individualized information (data) on each of our students.
- Working With Cooperative Small Groups — How to manage and get the most out of diversifying small-group work.
A Teacher's Guide to the Common Core
A resource guide for success in English Language Arts for teachers who work with English language learners and students with disabilities.
Questions for Math Class (Elementary)
This Common Core resource offers helpful questions as teachers implement the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in elementary grades.
Questions for Math Class (Middle School)
This Common Core resource offers helpful questions as teachers implement the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in middle school grades.