- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
UFT.org Home > Who We Are > UFT Elections 2019 > UFT election voting instructions and caucus statements
The UFT is holding elections for officers, executive board members, delegates to the American Federation of Teachers conventions, New York State United Teachers representative assemblies and National Education Association conventions.
The following caucuses are fielding candidates in this year's elections. Read about each:
- Read the statement of Solidarity Caucus »
- Read the statement of MORE Caucus »
- Read the statement of Unity Caucus »
- Read the statement of New Action Caucus »
- Read the statement of Inspire Caucus »
Instructions for voting
Your ballot must reach the American Arbitration Association, 120 Broadway, 21st floor, New York NY 10271, no later than 5 p.m., Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Ballots will be counted on Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Do not sign your name on the ballot.
- Read the ballot carefully before marking.
- Candidates' positions on the ballot were determined by a drawing.
- The number before the name has no electoral significance. It serves the purpose of facilitating the count.
- If you vote for a slate, tear off and return the front page only.
- If you are not voting for a slate, enter a cross mark "X" in the box at the side of each candidate of your choice and return the entire ballot including the front page. A ballot book returned without the front page will not be counted.
- Your vote will be void for an office if you vote for more candidates than are authorized for the office.
- You must use the return envelope provided with your ballot to cast a valid vote in this election.
- After you have marked your ballot, place it in the Secret Ballot envelope and seal the envelope. Place the sealed Secret Ballot envelope inside the return envelope addressed to the American Arbitration Association.
- Any return envelope on which the control number is mutilated will void the ballot. Your vote is secret. The control number is only for purposes of checking.
- All ballots will be tabulated and the count certified by the American Arbitration Association.
- Any member who fails to receive a ballot or receives an incorrect ballot should notify the American Arbitration Association, 120 Broadway, 21st floor, New York, NY 10271 (phone: 800-529-5218; fax: 212-233-0629; email: email@example.com) no later than 5 p.m., Wednesday, April 8, 2019.