Personnel Memorandum #5
This document explains the hiring process and educational and professional salary differentials for school and per-diem secretaries.
Resources from the 2019 orientation for new school secretaries:
- Employee Information System quick reference card
- Introduction to the NYC Department of Education
- HR Connect Web Portal instructions
- HR Connect Web Portal features
- Per Session T-Bank quick reference card
- Workers' compensation quick reference card
- Termination Pay Application quick reference card
Resources from the June 2017 professional development day:
- Overview of Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning for School Personnel
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Guidelines for Secretaries
- Technology: Promise and Pitfalls
- Workers' Compensation Secretaries Guidelines
- New hiring process for school secretaries (began Oct. 2014)
- New salary schedules based on the 2014 contract
- Workers' Compensation Payroll Guide for Secretaries
- Special Circular 31, Duties of School Secretaries
- Special Circular 16, Bereavement Leave for Pedagogical Employees
- Personal Memo #34: Clarification of Special Circular 16
- Ergonomics for School Secretaries
The UFT safety and health department created this presentation with helpful pictures and easy-to-understand instructions on how to arrange your work station to reduce the risk of strain and injuries.
- DOE Social Media Guidelines
- Are you a union member?
If you're unsure about whether you've enrolled as a member of the UFT, here's how to find out.
- Member Help Programs
The UFT has a number of programs to help members with a variety of life circumstances and challenges, including counseling, support for victims of workplace violence, a HelpLine for members with life-threatening illnesses, homebuying seminars, and a smoking cessation program.