Skip to main content
Full Menu

Apply to be recognized as a 50-, 60- or 70-year member

If you have been a UFT union member for 50, 60 or 70 years including child care leave, you might be eligible for the UFT 50-, 60- or 70-Year Membership and Service Award. Note that 50, 60 or 70 years in the New York City school system does not necessarily indicate continuous UFT membership.

These awards give the 50-, 60- or 70-year members the following:

  • a framed certificate of recognition
  • a special award pin
  • an invitation to be honored as a special guest awardee at a choice of one of four union luncheon events

If you were honored as a 50-year member, you would be eligible for the 60- and/or 70-year honoree award if you have maintained your membership for the required additional years.

Register online for the appropriate award:

UFT-RTC 50-Year Member Status Award  

UFT-RTC 60-Year Member Status Award

UFT-RTC 70-Year Member Status Award

If you don’t have online access or if you prefer, you can also receive an application through the regular mail by sending your name and address to: UFT/RTC 50-Year Membership and Service Committee, c/o George Altomare, UFT, 50 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10004.

Completed applications must be received by March 31.