Skip to main content
Full Menu

How do I earn the 100 CTLE hours needed to keep my teaching certificate?

The 100 hours every five years is a requirement only for those who hold a Professional or Level III Teaching Assistant Certificate. Most new teachers enter the system with a Transitional B or Initial Certificate and will not be eligible for the Professional Certificate until they have been teaching for three years.

Although school professional development is not CTLE approved, know that DOE is an approved provider. The UFT and UFT Teacher Center are also CTLE providers. For more information, please visit the state website.

When in doubt, reach out to an educational liaison in your UFT borough office or a certification specialist at UFT Certification Services: 1-212-420-1830.