Be BRAVE Against Bullying
The UFT's BRAVE campaign aims to combat bullying in our schools. Short for Building Respect, Acceptance and Voice through Education, the BRAVE campaign provides students, parents and educators with the tools, knowledge and support to be pro-active in confronting and stopping bullying.
During the period of remote learning, the BRAVE campaign is providing free mental health support for students and parents. The hotline can be reached at 212-709-3222, or you can reach us by texting BRAVE to 43961. Our lines are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Reach out any time to speak with a licensed mental health provider about anxiety, depression or other issues that may be exacerbated by the current coronavirus crisis.
- Organize a workshop. As a parent leader, you can bring a BRAVE workshop to your parent-teacher association or parent association (PTA/PA) virtually. We also offer free workshops for staff and students. To request a workshop for your child's school, talk to your PTA/PA president, principal, UFT chapter leader and parent coordinator, then contact Nicholas Cruz at email@example.com or Hope Dorsey 212-701-9412.
- Talk to teachers at your school. Let them know there is online help available, from background information to lesson plans — see our Resources page. You can also contact your school's UFT chapter leader to find buttons, bookmarks, and other ways to show support to students.
- Download the BRAVE flier here: English version, Spanish version.
- Print out a BRAVE poster and hang it in your school.
- Download the BRAVE Anti-Bullying Resource Guide.
- "Like" the BRAVE page on Facebook and follow the campaign on Twitter for timely updates.
Find more information and resources on the UFT BRAVE Campaign page.