Be BRAVE Against Bullying
The UFT's BRAVE campaign aims to combat bullying in our schools. Short for Building Respect, Acceptance and Voice through Education, the BRAVE campaign provides students, parents and educators with the tools, knowledge and support to be pro-active in confronting and stopping bullying.
The BRAVE campaign provides a hotline for students — a safe place they can call if they find themselves to be the victim of bullying or are themselves bullying other students. The hotline can be reached at 212-709-3222 on Mondays through Fridays from 2:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Organize a workshop. As a parent leader, you can bring a BRAVE workshop to your parent-teacher association or parent association (PTA/PA). We also offer free workshops for staff and students. To request a workshop at your child's school, talk to your PTA/PA president, principal, UFT chapter leader and parent coordinator, then fill out the online request form.
- Talk to teachers at your school. Let them know there is online help available, from background information to lesson plans — see our Resources page. You can also contact your school's UFT chapter leader to find buttons, bookmarks, and other ways to show support to students.
- Download the BRAVE flier here: English version, Spanish version.
- Print out a BRAVE poster and hang it in your school.
- Download the BRAVE Anti-Bullying Resource Guide.
- "Like" the BRAVE page on Facebook and follow the campaign on Twitter for timely updates.
Find more information and resources on the UFT BRAVE Campaign page.