Census in the Classroom
In these collections of lesson plans, classroom resources and activities, students can explore the Census from a historical and civics perspective, use Census data to solve mathematical problems and more.
NYC Department of Education Materials
The DOE has developed Census materials in its Civics for All curriculum. To access the materials, you'll need to log in to WeTeach with your DOE email and password and then search for the appropriate page in the PDF.
- K to 2: The School Census, page 268 of Part 1 of the K–2 Civics for All guide
- 3 to 5: Using Census Data, page 118 of Part 2 of the 3–5 Civics for All guide
- 6 to 8: Census Representation, page 54 of Part 1 of the 6–8 Civics for All guide
- 6 to 8: Census Applications, page 62 of Part 1 of the 6–8 Civics for All guide
- 9 to 12: The United States Census, page 112 of Part 2 of the 9–12 Civics for All guide