The following email about the Chapter 683 summer program was sent on May 20, 2020, to all District 75 members by District Representative David Doorga.
As we prepare for the end of the school year and the start of summer education, I want to provide you with some important information regarding this year's Chapter 683 summer program.
This year, due to the coronavirus crisis, instruction will take place remotely. Instruction will run Monday through Friday from 8:10 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. The dates for the program are as follows:
- Wednesday, July 1 — orientation
- Thursday, July 2 — first day of instruction
- Friday, July 3 — Independence Day observed (schools closed)
- Friday, July 31 — Eid observed (schools closed)
- Thursday, August 13 — last day of instruction
Retention rights for Chapter 683 will be honored this year. You can read the postings and apply online via the DOE's Chapter 683 Job Application System.
I will be in touch to provide more information as it becomes available. If you have any questions, you can reach me by email at DDoorga@uft.org.