Each of the UFT's parent liaisons sent this update to their borough's contact list the week of April 1, 2020.
We sent you an email last week about our new family resource hub on the UFT website. It's full of news and resources to help ease the burden of the coronavirus pandemic and the transition to remote learning for New York City families.
We're continuously updating the hub and have added some new resources since last week. If you visit the parent section of the UFT website, you'll find:
- Free online tutoring from the New York Public Library
- An issue of TIME for Kids about the coronavirus
- A guide to applying for unemployment benefits
- A mental health hotline you can reach at 844-863-9314
- Online events from the Brooklyn Public Library
- Activity lists in English and Spanish for pre-K, kindergarten through 2nd grade, 3rd through 5th grade and 6th through 8th grade
- Online workshops from the Hey There Beautiful Foundation
For dozens of more resources — including the latest information from the Department of Education about free meals and online learning, financial relief, academic enrichment and at-home entertainment — keep checking the family resource hub on the UFT website.
We'll be in touch later this month, and continuously throughout the crisis, as we add more resources for families.
Stay safe. We're in this together.
For one-on-one support, you can contact your borough's UFT parent liaison directly.