Approximately 8,123 adults and adolescents were diagnosed with HIV in New York in 2015. The purpose of World AIDS Day is to bring awareness of “opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died.” The World AIDS Day Student Poster Contest seeks commemorate World AIDS Day, increase awareness of HIV/AIDS and to inspire citizens to action, education and elimination of HIV/AIDS.
- Open to all 9 – 12 grade students attending a NYC public district high school or secondary school.
- Must be an original poster commemorating World AIDS Day using any combination of Line Illustrations, Paintings of different mediums or produced graphically via InDesign, PhotoShop and/or Illustrator.
- 1st Place: $500 gift certificate and professional reproduction and distribution of the poster to all NYC public high schools; 2nd Place: $300 gift certificate; 3rd Place: $100 gift certificate
- Submit the final art as a Quark, PhotoShop, or Illustrator file. If the artwork is produced manually, scan and email as a .pdf file.
- Dimensions: All artwork should be done on a scale of 11" x 17" with no bleed and a ½” margin all around
- Resolution for scanning: Minimum 266 dpi
- If poster created using Adobe or Quark software: Save as a Layered file – do not flatten
- Save as CMYK
- Only original artwork, photos and content is accepted (e.g. no internet artwork).
- Student posters will be judged according to the rubric.
- Submit posters to email@example.com.
- The deadline for submissions is Nov. 15, 2018.