Contract 2018: Safety
- The Central Paperwork and Operations Committee will establish system-wide standards for school safety and positive school culture and climate. Once the standards have been established, they will be distributed to all schools and key stakeholders.
- Borough-based safety committees will be created and meet monthly to resolve issues that could not be resolved at the school level.
- The chapter leader will be provided with coverage in order to attend meetings of the School Safety Committee.
- The chapter leader will receive a copy of the enhanced School Safety Plan within 30 days of its endorsement.
- The chapter leader will receive a copy of the consolidated School Safety Plan.
- The chapter leader will receive the following OORs information at least 48 hours prior to the School Safety Committee meeting: occurrence snapshot, level 1-5 summary, occurrence summary by code; location summary; and hourly incident analysis.
- At the principal’s discretion, a dean’s position can be established and filled without an SBO based upon student enrollment (up to 500 students, one dean; more than 500 students, two deans; more than 1,000 students, three deans). Each fall, the DOE will provide training for all deans during the workday.
- The DOE will provide PD to chapter leaders in the first month of school during the workday on school safety protocols, emergency readiness and school culture and climate.
Source URL: https://www.uft.org/your-rights/contracts/contract-glance/contract-2018-safety