I no longer want to contribute to COPE. How do I opt-out?

Mail or fax a paper stating you would like to cancel your COPE contribution. The request should include your Name, Member ID# or File# and most recent mailing address.

Once we receive the request, it is processed and sent to the City. Once processed by the City, the COPE deduction will come off payroll, which usually takes 1-2 pay cycles to complete.

Send requests to:

United Federation of Teachers
52 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Fax: (212)-510-6435

Source URL: https://www.uft.org/faqs/i-no-longer-want-contribute-cope-how-do-i-opt-out