The UFT Member Assistance Program's Careline will help you deal with your immediate distress and assess, engage and refer you to other union programs or outside services.
The MAP Careline will re-open in the fall with the start of the 2022-23 school year. If you would like to set up an appointment with a counselor, receive a referral for outside mental health resources or learn how MAP can support you, please contact us at 212-701-9620 or via email at email@example.com.
The MAP careline is a resource for you if you are feeling:
- Anxious and need to speak with someone to help you through it.
- Angry or upset and need to de-escalate with someone in that moment.
- Intense fear or anxiety about being back in a school building.
- Grief-stricken over the loss of a school colleague or a family member.
- Unsafe and restless.
- In need of help tolerating the uncertainty of life.
The MAP careline provides:
- The opportunity to share feelings with a licensed clinician who can speak you and offer an empathetic ear, assess what else you might need and offer these services to you.
- Responses that are immediate.
- Local resources, referrals and agencies to get you the help you need.
What the MAP careline is NOT:
- It is not an emergency hotline. If you are in crisis or need medical treatment, please call 911.
- It is not a place to call for union information.