We need to make a major push to put pressure on our city elected officials to make sure our class size bill before the City Council is brought to a vote. Our kids deserve smaller class sizes, and now is the time to pass the legislation to make it happen.
How to get involved: A toolkit for our next steps
- Use our flier with a QR code (English and Spanish) for informational picketing: Put this flier in your staff mailbox or spend 15 minutes outside with a few colleagues before or after school to distribute this flier to parents and other members of the school community.
- Download this template and create your own flier tailored for your particular school community.
- Sign and share the petition: Send to your coworkers and friends and ask them to sign and share on their social networks.
- Involve your school’s School Leadership Team and other groups: Ask your chapter leader to bring this topic up at the next SLT meeting. Give a copy of the flier to the parent coordinator and PTA president.
- See who is backing the City Council bill: Check out our Supporters Page. If your City Council member is on the list, reach out to thank them for their support.
- Join our class size committee: Sign up and help us plan and organize the next steps in our campaign to make smaller class sizes a reality in every school.
- Take pictures of your activities: Post a photo to social media, tagging the UFT so we can amplify your post.