What do I do if I suspect that staff and students are being exposed to asbestos or PCBs as a result of construction work at my school?


If you find damaged or disturbed building materials such as plaster or floor tiles, assume these materials contain potentially hazardous materials until otherwise noted and contact your UFT borough health and safety representative. Similarly, damaged or disturbed exterior caulk may contain PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls). Contact the health and safety representative at your UFT borough office.

Source URL: https://www.uft.org/faqs/what-do-i-do-if-i-suspect-staff-and-students-are-being-exposed-asbestos-or-pcbs-result-construction