Table of Contents
- No Employee shall engage in any strike, sympathy strike, sit-down, sit-in, cessation or stoppage or interruption of work, boycott, or other interference with the operations of the Employer.
- The Union, its officers, agents, representatives and members, shall not in any way, directly or indirectly, authorize, assist, encourage, participate in or sanction any strike, sit-down, sit-in, slow down, cessation or stoppage or interruption of work, boycott, or other interference with the operations of the Employer, or ratify, condone or lend support to any such conduct or action.
- In addition to any other liability, remedy or right provided by applicable law or statute, should a strike, sit-down, sit-in, slow-down, cessation or stoppage or interruption of work, boycott, or other interference with the operation of the Employer occur, the Union, within twenty-four (24) hours of request by the Employer, shall:
- Publicly disavow such action by the Employees;
- Advise the Employer in writing that such action by Employees has not been called or sanctioned by the Union;
- Notify Employees of its disapproval of such action and instruct such Employees to cease such action and return to work immediately;
- Post notices at Union bulletin board(s) advising that it disapproves of such action, and instructing Employees to return to work immediately.
- The Employer agrees that it will not lock out Employees during the term of this Agreement.
Source URL: https://www.uft.org/your-rights/contracts/other-contracts/staten-island-university-hospital/article-twenty-six-no-strike-or-lockout