The American Arbitration Association has counted the ballots and 87 percent of UFT members voted to ratify the DOE-UFT contract!
The recognizes your hard work and dedication and empowers us to improve the teaching and learning conditions in our schools so we can provide the best possible education to our students.
The contract runs from Feb. 14, 2019, to Sept. 13, 2022.
The full agreement contains a number of provisions. Our "Contract at a Glance" below concentrates on the key details.
Contract at a Glance
- Enhanced authority for consultation committees
- Teacher evaluation
- Expedited process for class size
- Retaliation and harassment
- Paraprofessional due process
- MA+30 differential
- Bronx Collaborative Schools Model
- Functional chapter working conditions
- Teacher leadership positions
- PROSE Plus
- Remote teaching pilot program
- Pre-employment screening
- Health benefits
- See the teacher salary schedule »
- See the paraprofessional salary schedule »
- See all salary schedules »