- Full-time regular Registered Nurses shall be eligible for 100% tuition reimbursement for up to sixteen (16) credits per year of job-related academic work approved by Human Resources.
- Part-time regular Registered Nurses who work at least half-staff shall be eligible for 100% tuition reimbursement for up to ten (10) credits per year of job-related academic work approved by Human Resources.
- Registered Nurses who work at least half-staff and who newly matriculate in a Master's degree program shall be eligible for 75% tuition reimbursement for up to sixteen (16) credits per year for full-time or ten (10) credits per year for part-time Employees for approved courses in the Master's degree program.
- To be eligible for benefits under this Article a Registered Nurse must have been in the continuous employ of the Hospital for at least one (1) year.
- All courses must be approved prior to registration and be taken at accredited institutions.
- Reimbursement shall only be paid for courses that receive grades of "C" or better and after appropriate documentation to this effect has been submitted.
B. Continuing Education
A reasonable amount of time and funding will be available for participation in continuing education programs relevant to the RN’s position. The RN will complete the Conference Request Form and submit it to his/her manager. Program attendance will be approved by the department/unit manager as staffing and financial resources allow.
If an RN’s educational request is denied the decision can be brought for review to the Chief Nurse Executive, or her designee to ensure equitable treatment.
C. Preceptor Classes
The Employer will provide preceptor classes during work time.
D. Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
The Employer will provide basic and advanced crisis prevention training for Registered Nurses assigned to applicable units at no cost to the Registered Nurse.
E. Clinical Resources
A clinical resource person will be available on-site to respond to staff questions and concerns about patient care 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
F. Mandatory Online Education
Mandatory online education courses completed by Registered Nurses during off hours and/or offsite will be paid at their regular straight time rate for the actual time, not to exceed the average time, it takes the Registered Nurses to complete the courses. The average time required to complete a mandatory online education course shall be determined by Staff Development.