- grievance, as defined in Article 23, which has not been resolved thereunder, may within fifteen (15) working days after completion of Step 3 of the grievance procedure be referred for arbitration by the Employer or the Union to an arbitrator selected in accordance with the procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted under the voluntary labor arbitration rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association.
- The fees and expenses of the American Arbitration Association and the arbitrator shall be borne equally by the parties.
- The award of an arbitrator hereunder shall be final, conclusive and binding upon the Employer, the Union and the Employees.
- The Arbitrator shall have jurisdiction only over disputes arising out of grievances, as defined in Section 1 of Article 23, and he/she shall have no power to add to, subtract from, or modify in any way the terms of this Agreement.
- With appropriate notice and where not inconsistent with effective and efficient operations, the Hospital will release a Registered Nurse for attendance at an arbitration hearing as a witness or participating grievant.