Guidance for paraprofessionals on remote learning
Paraprofessionals are expected to continue to support teachers in the delivery of instruction. Key expectations are as follows:
- Participate in scheduled school-based professional development regarding online learning.
- Support classroom teachers with preparing assignments, content, and activities.
- Assist with collecting materials that will be sent to students.
- Maintain regular communication with teachers and related service provider(s).
- Communicate and check-in with students as determined by classroom teacher and school leadership.
- Under the direction of the teacher or related service provider, support families and students in accessing and participating in remote learning and therapy experiences, including supporting families in implementing behavior supports and structures, as needed.