Guidance for students and families on remote learning
In communicating expectations, staff members must recognize the stress of the current situation and the needs of the students and families they serve, as they consider including the following points:
- Students should complete instructional activities assigned by teachers within the expected timelines.
- Students should participate in check-ins, discussions, and other communication mechanisms as expected by the teacher.
- Students should review teacher feedback and complete any follow-up activities as assigned by the teacher.
- Students and families should proactively notify their teacher or a school administrator school with any concerns about progress or additional support needed.
- Families should support students in being successful by establishing routines and habits that support their success in remote learning.
- Families should ensure that students are adhering to their school’s contract for appropriate behavior on web enabled devices.