Resources to help you during the coronavirus crisis
- NYC is delivering food for those who are home-bound and have no other alternatives.
- Food resources around the city
- Available food resources by many neighborhoods, updated every few days
- Apply for SNAP online
- NYCHA is hiring temporary maintenance staff at its properties
- NYC is hiring taxi drivers to deliver food to seniors
Student distance learning
- DOE is providing iPads for students to use at home, though there are delivery delays.
- Spectrum is offering households with K-12 and college students free WiFi access and broadband (high-speed internet) for 60 days. To enroll, or to ask for more information, call 844-488-8395.
- ASPCA is offering free dog and cat food to those affected by the virus. Call 800-738-9437 to set up a required appointment.
- New York State has created a Special Enrollment Period, now through April 15, for uninsured New Yorkers to seek health insurance coverage.
- For those high-risk New Yorkers who cannot leave their homes, there is a volunteer-led delivery effort for groceries and other goods. (Note: only delivery is free, people still have to pay for their goods.)
- Mutual Aid NYC