Member Assistance Program virtual support groups
The UFT Member Assistance Program recognizes how these unprecedented times have caused an increase in negative emotions for many people. The pandemic has left us all feeling stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated and angry at times. While anger is a natural emotion, if left unresolved, it can feel like a volcano erupting inside you and can lead to isolation and distancing from others. Don’t let that happen to you!
MAP's "Taming the Volcano Inside of You" support group will allow UFT members to:
- Identify their emotional triggers;
- Develop healthy coping skills to manage these emotions;
- Understand the difference between assertive and aggressive behaviors; and
- Enhance personal and professional relationships.
This three-week support group will meet:
- Session 1: Wednesdays, Jan. 20, Jan, 27, Feb. 3, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Session 2: Mondays, Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 22, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Session 3: Wednesdays, Feb. 24, Mar. 3, Mar. 10, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Session 4: Mondays, Mar. 8, Mar. 15, Mar. 22, 5 to 6 p.m.