- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- UFT Providers
- Get Involved
Welcome to the Teachers Assigned Chapter
Welcome back from a well-deserved summer break! I am honored to serve as your newly elected chapter leader. I look forward to representing this great chapter and collaborating with you.
I would like to thank my predecessor, Nadine Reis, for her dedicated service. As our chapter continues to grow, I am relying on your support and input to continue to move our chapter forward.
Congratulations to the following newly elected delegates: Lynne Kilroy, coordinator of the Peer Intervention Program (PIP); David Edelman, teacher team leader; Shayshana Gourdine, field coordinator for Dial-A-Teacher; and Lisa North, instructional coordinator for the UFT’s division of early childhood. Each of them has a unique area of expertise that will allow them to play an important role in representing our chapter.
To ensure that your rights are protected and that we keep our union and chapter strong, I urge you to:
- Familiarize yourself with Article 11 of our teachers’ contract.
To view our contract online, you’ll need to make sure you are signed up on the website. Signing up just takes a minute and it’s very important because only by signing up do you receive emails from our chapter and the union and get full access to our contract online.
- Bookmark this page and check back frequently for important events, news and the most up-to-date information.
- Get involved! Attend citywide and school chapter meetings and participate in UFT events and rallies.
- As your chapter leader, I am here to support your needs and the entire UFT is ready to help you. Please remember that I am always available should you need information or assistance. You can email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your dedication to your profession and your union.
November 12, 2015
January 26, 2015
June 11, 2014
June 26, 2014
June 5, 2014
Teacher Union Day 2015
More than 1,200 members packed the Grand Ballroom at the New York Hilton for Teacher Union Day on Nov. 1 to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the first UFT strike and to honor those whose efforts have made a difference in people’s lives. The first-ever Schools in Action awards were given to seven UFT chapters for their solidarity, creativity and engagement in the #AllKidsNeed campaign.More photos
Your Right and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
Teachers Assigned Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: