- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the Teachers Assigned Chapter
I am honored to serve as your elected chapter leader. I look forward to representing this great chapter and collaborating with you.
Our chapter's delegates are Lynne Kilroy, coordinator of the Peer Intervention Program (PIP) and Shayshana Gourdine, field coordinator for Dial-A-Teacher. Each of them has a unique area of expertise that will allow them to play an important role in representing our chapter. Please call them should you have any questions or if you need assistance. I also look forward to hearing from those of you who would like to volunteer to assist with chapter functions.
To ensure that your rights are protected and that we keep our union and chapter strong, I urge you to:
- Familiarize yourself with Article 11 of our teachers’ contract.
To view our contract online, you’ll need to make sure you are signed up on the website. Signing up just takes a minute and it’s very important because only by signing up do you receive emails from our chapter and the union and get full access to our contract online.
- Bookmark this page and check back frequently for important events, news and the most up-to-date information.
- Get involved! Attend citywide and school chapter meetings and participate in UFT events and rallies.
- As your chapter leader, I am here to support your needs and the entire UFT is ready to help you. Please remember that I am always available should you need information or assistance. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your dedication to your profession and your union.
Weather alert: Due to severe weather conditions, New York City public schools will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 4. If you have any questions regarding snow-day protocol, please contact your direct supervisor. For more information, please review the Extreme Weather Conditions and Snow Days Guidelines and Checklist.
Your Rights and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
Teachers Assigned Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: