- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Analysts and Officers
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy of NYC
- Family Child Care Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
Welcome to the Teachers Assigned Chapter
I am honored to serve as your elected chapter leader. I look forward to representing this great chapter and collaborating with you.
Our chapter's delegates are Lynne Kilroy, coordinator of the Peer Intervention Program (PIP) and Shayshana Gourdine, field coordinator for Dial-A-Teacher. Each of them has a unique area of expertise that will allow them to play an important role in representing our chapter. Please call them should you have any questions or if you need assistance. I also look forward to hearing from those of you who would like to volunteer to assist with chapter functions.
To ensure that your rights are protected and that we keep our union and chapter strong, I urge you to:
- Familiarize yourself with Article 11 of our teachers’ contract.
To view our contract online, you’ll need to make sure you are signed up on the website. Signing up just takes a minute and it’s very important because only by signing up do you receive emails from our chapter and the union and get full access to our contract online.
- Bookmark this page and check back frequently for important events, news and the most up-to-date information.
- Get involved! Attend citywide and school chapter meetings and participate in UFT events and rallies.
- As your chapter leader, I am here to support your needs and the entire UFT is ready to help you. Please remember that I am always available should you need information or assistance. You can email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your dedication to your profession and your union.
Teacher Union Day 2016
At Teacher Union Day on Sunday, Nov. 6, one day before its 56th anniversary as a union, the UFT honored both its present and future leaders and remembered the UFT's founders as Cogen Award winner Emil Pietromonaco counseled, "No matter how big you get, you should never forget where you came from."More photos
- February 4, 2017 Middle School Conference
- March 11, 2017 10th annual Early Childhood Education Conference
- March 18, 2017 Annual Paraprofessional Festival and Awards Luncheon
Your Rights and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
Teachers Assigned Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: