- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- UFT Providers
- Get Involved
UFT.org Home > Who We Are > Frequently Asked Questions > Loans > What are the eligibility requirements for taking a pension loan?
What are the eligibility requirements for taking a pension loan?
You may be eligible for a loan from your pension fund account (Qualified Pension Plan or QPP) if:
- you are either an in-service member or on a leave of absence,
- you are not in default on an existing pension loan.
- as a Tier I or II member, you have at least three years of TRS membership service; OR
- as a Tier III, IV or VI member, you have at least one year of TRS credited service.
You may learn whether you are currently eligible to take a loan by logging in to the TRS website at www.trsnyc.org.
How useful is this Q&A?
Rating: None Average: 5 (6 votes)
To rate this Q&A, you must log in.