- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- Family Child Care Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
UFT members are also considered members of our state affiliate, New York State United Teachers. As NYSUT members, they have access to a variety of endorsed insurance, financial, legal and discount programs through NYSUT Member Benefits. The links below provide details about each item listed.
For more information, applications or brochures about any of these endorsed programs and services, please contact NYSUT Member Benefits at 800-626-8101 or visit their website.
Members and their lawful spouses (or certified domestic partners) under age 85 may apply. The program offers up to $1 million of group-rated term life insurance for applicants up to age 65. One low premium covers all of your dependent children under the age of 23. An accelerated death benefit is available for those who are insured and are terminally ill, up to age 70.
Terms are available for 10-year, 15-year and 20-year periods. You or your spouse or certified domestic partner can apply for coverage up to $1 million. Your age determines the length of coverage that you may apply for under the coverage. Applicants must be under age 55 to be eligible for the 20-year plan, under age 60 for the 15-year plan and under age 65 for the 10-year plan.
This program allows you to purchase life insurance coverage that increases as your term life coverage decreases or terminates.
Automobile, homeowners/renters, boat, personal excess liability and other insurance policies are provided at competitive rates. Various discounts are available.
Protect your most valuable asset — your income — with this plan. You can apply for coverage up to $5,000 per month, depending on your salary.
You and your family are guaranteed expert legal assistance at discounted rates. Optional riders for Business Protection and Elder Law services can be purchased to provide additional legal coverage.
Free Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Members and agency fee payers are insured for up to $1,500 in the event of death or dismemberment caused by accidental injuries. This coverage is provided without cost to the insured and is continuous as long as membership or agency fee payer status is maintained.
Other endorsed plans available include:
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Financial Counseling Program
- Synchrony Bank Optimizer Plus Program
- Working Advantage/Buyer's Edge, Inc.
- PayCheck Direct (Member Shopping Program)
- OrlandoVacation.com/Grand Circle Travel
- Wyndham Hotels & Endless Vacation Rentals/Car & Truck Rentals
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions
- EPIC Hearing Service Plan