- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the Administrative Education Officers and Analysts Chapter
Welcome to the Administrative Education Officers and Analysts pages on the UFT website. In the post-Janus world, I will do everything I can to support and represent you to the best of my ability. I am also depending upon your activism and support to keep the union strong as we fight anti-union forces that wish to diminish or destroy our benefits, our pensions and our union. We are nearly 500 strong and our voices matter!
I will need your feedback and suggestions to get the job done right. By letting me hear your voice, I can better serve as the liaison between your supervisors and our union.
If you need to reach me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Education Officers and Analysts Chapter Leader
Salary Inquiry Form
The Administrative Education Officers and Administrative Education Analysts Chapter's salary increase took effect on Friday, March 9, 2018. Please use this form to contact the union if you have concerns regarding your retro payment or the pay increase. For all other questions, please continue to use the general inquiry form on the chapter website.
DCAS postpones exams
The exam application schedule for 2017-18 has been posted by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services. However, as noted on this schedule, the exams for the administrative education officers and administrative education analysts have been postponed. The new list of exams will be posted in July 2018. We will update you if and when we have more information. Please check the DCAS website periodically, as well.
What to do if you're called to a disciplinary hearing
If you are summoned for an interview for the record that may lead to disciplinary action, you are entitled to union representation or representation by a school system employee. An interview that is not held in accordance with these procedures cannot be made part of your personnel or school file, and any statements you make at such an interview cannot be used against you in any DOE proceeding.
If you are contacted about an interview that may result in disciplinary action, please contact UFT Special Representative Patricia Crispino at email@example.com and send a copy to Emma Mendez, the chapter's liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the chapter leader, Denise Crawford, at email@example.com.
Inquiry form — submit your questions and concerns
Fill out this form, please! Send us your questions »
Who belongs to the bargaining unit?
On July 11, 2016, the UFT and the NYC Department of Education executed an agreement enabling the UFT to become the bargaining representative for more than 450 Administrative Education Analysts and Administrative Education Officers. The criteria for those Administrative Education Analysts and Administrative Education Officers designated for inclusion in the bargaining unit are as follows:
- Must be pay grade G-1 to G-4.
- Must not be employed in any of the following locations: Offices of the Chancellor, Deputy Chancellors, Office of General Counsel (Office of Legal Services, Office of Labor Relations, Office of Special Investigation, Office of Equal Opportunity, Office of Auditor General), Division of Human Resources or Division of Budget, Operations and Review.
Administrative Education Analysts and Officers in pay grades G-5 to G-8 are excluded from the bargaining unit. Some other exclusions may apply.
Our next chapter meetings
We always send out an email notifying you of our monthly meetings. We alternate between the Brooklyn borough office at 335 Adams St., and UFT headquarters at 52 Broadway, Manhattan. Our schedule for the 2018-19 school year is below. Meetings are held on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. Please confirm meeting time and location before attending.
Sept. 26, 2018, Brooklyn
Oct. 24, 2018, Manhattan
Nov. 28, 2018, Brooklyn
Dec. 19, 2018, Manhattan
Jan. 23, 2019, Brooklyn
Feb. 27, 2019, Manhattan
March 27, 2019, Brooklyn
April 10, 2019, Manhattan
May 15, 2019, Brooklyn
June 19, 2019, Manhattan
September 13, 2018
May 2, 2018
May 29, 2018
January 4, 2018
January 4, 2018
- September 26, 2018 Admin EO/EA & EO/EA Chapter Meeting
- October 20, 2018 3rd Annual UFT Conference on Effective Instruction for ELLs
- October 24, 2018 Admin EO/EA & EO/EA Chapter Meeting
- November 28, 2018 Admin EO/EA & EO/EA Chapter Meeting
- December 19, 2018 Admin EO/EA & EO/EA Chapter Meeting