- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the Adult Education Chapter
Adult Education Fliers
Download, print, and distribute these DOE fliers to help promote adult education programs!
The members of the Adult Education Chapter work for the Department of Education in the Office of Adult and Continuing Education (OACE). OACE teachers teach adults age 21 and over in many neighborhoods in all five boroughs. OACE serves about 40,000 students per year in morning, afternoon, evening, and Saturday classes. OACE offers classes in English as a Second Language, Basic Education, GED, and Career and Technical Education (CTE). CTE classes include Licensed Practical Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Billing, Web Design, Computer Literacy, A+ Certification, and Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
Some classes are at learning centers in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens. Others are in public schools or at community based sites.
Many of our students are parents and grandparents of children in the New York City Public Schools. We encourage parent coordinators and K-12 teachers to inform parents of the free adult education classes offered by OACE.
The Adult Education Chapter believes that well educated parents are more likely to have children who succeed in school. We emphasize family education and lifelong learning.
The Adult Education Chapter strives to support the teachers who provide this important service.
The Adult Education Chapter holds meetings at 5 p.m. on a designated Friday every month at UFT headquarters, 52 Broadway. The following dates are tentative. Please check with your chapter leader before attending.
Sept. 7; Oct. 19; Nov. 9; Dec. 14; Jan. 11, 2019; Feb. 8, 2019; March 15, 2019; April 12, 2019; May 17, 2019 and June 14, 2019.
Chapter Leader Sarah Tyson, email@example.com
Representative at Large Susan Byrnes, firstname.lastname@example.org
646-654-1261 ext. 4121 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
School 1 - Carlene Reynolds
School 2 - Jimmy Rodriguez
School 3 - Joann Elliott
School 4 - Susan Byrnes
School 5 - Rina Johnson
School 6 - Sarah Tyson
School 7 - Rebecca Samuels Guillen
School 8 - Lawan Bailey
- February 28, 2019 UFT Black History Film Series: Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin
- March 7, 2019 UFT Black History Film Series: Tell Them We Are Rising: The Story of Black Colleges and Universities
- March 15, 2019 Adult Education Chapter Meeting
- March 16, 2019 Early Childhood Conference
- March 23, 2019 Paraprofessional Festival and Awards Luncheon
Your Rights and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits