- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- UFT Providers
- Get Involved
Welcome to the Occupational & Physical Therapists Chapter
Welcome to our Occupational and Physical Therapists Chapter website!
It is an honor and a privilege to have been elected as your new chapter leader.
One of my goals is to help you access as much information as you need so that you know your rights and can make the best decisions possible. Please make use of our chapter's section of the UFT website. In the box to the left on this page, you'll see links to our contract, a list of our chapter representatives, an archive of our chapter newsletters and other sections where we put important resources for OTs and PTs, including the pages labeled You Should Know, Forms and Resources.
Here are some quick links that may be helpful:
- FAQ from the Department of Education on conflicts of interest
- Your disability benefits from the UFT Welfare Fund
- Recent New York Teacher article on workers’ compensation
- Our pensions through the Board of Education Retirement System of NY (BERS). The BERS phone number is 1-800-843-5575.
- Your benefits through the UFT Welfare Fund
I am available to answer your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also want to ask you to be sure to sign up on the website to make sure you receive important emails during the school year.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful year in 2015–16. Please keep checking back on this page as I will be updating it throughout the year.
OT/PT Chapter Leader
January 25, 2016
July 30, 2015
January 7, 2016
December 21, 2015
December 11, 2015
UFT Lobby Day 2016
More than 1,100 UFT members traveled to Albany on March 9 for the union’s annual Lobby Day. State legislators addressed members at the convention center just before the educators fanned out to lobby their local elected officials to call for an increase in school funding, more Teacher Centers, an end to the charter equity gap and further expansion of the Community Learning Schools initiative.More photos
- May 7, 2016 UFT Spring Education Conference
- June 13, 2016 47th Annual Albert Shanker Scholarship Fund Ceremony
- June 28, 2016 Last Day of School
Your Right and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
Occupational & Physical Therapists Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: