- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- UFT Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Get Involved
Welcome to the Occupational & Physical Therapists Chapter
Welcome to our Occupational and Physical Therapists Chapter website!
It is an honor and a privilege to have been elected as your new chapter leader in June 2015.
One of my goals is to help you access as much information as possible so that you know your rights and can make the best decisions possible. Please make use of our chapter's section of the UFT website. In the box to the left on this page, you'll see links to our contract, a list of our chapter representatives, an archive of our chapter newsletters and other sections where we put important resources for OTs and PTs, including the pages labeled You Should Know, Forms and Resources.
Here are some quick links that may be helpful:
- FAQ from the Department of Education on conflicts of interest
- Your disability benefits from the UFT Welfare Fund
- Recent New York Teacher article on workers’ compensation
- Our pensions through the Board of Education Retirement System of NY (BERS). The BERS phone number is 1-800-843-5575.
- Your benefits through the UFT Welfare Fund
If you need any help or have any questions over the summer, please contact your borough office.
I also want to ask you to be sure to sign up on the website to make sure you receive important emails this summer and during the school year.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful year in 2015–16. Please keep checking back on this page as I will be updating it in the fall and throughout the year.
OT/PT Chapter Leader
June 28, 2016
August 12, 2010
June 21, 2014
July 10, 2015
June 1, 2015
UFT President Michael Mulgrew discussed testing materials, SESIS issues, school space concerns and Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s misguided education policies during a Meet the President gathering of nearly 100 functional chapter members on May 12 at UFT headquarters.