- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (per Session)
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Charter School Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Other Non-DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the Occupational & Physical Therapists Chapter
Welcome to the UFT's Occupational and Physical Therapists Chapter's website!
It is my privilege and honor to serve as your chapter leader and work with you in moving forward our chapter.
Our numbers are growing, and participation in our chapter is on the rise. We currently have the largest number of delegates in the history of our chapter, which reflects that growth. This is a critical time for unions at large, so it's important that we remain strong, united and focused. I look forward to working toward a fair and equitable contract, improving communication within our chapter and engaging the chapter's members.
Please make use of our chapter's section of the UFT website. In the box to the left on this page, you'll see links to our contract, a list of our chapter representatives, an archive of our chapter newsletters and other sections where we put important resources for occupational and physical therapists.
Here are some quick links that may also be helpful:
- FAQ from the Department of Education on conflicts of interest
- Your disability benefits from the UFT Welfare Fund
- Recent New York Teacher article on workers’ compensation
- Our pensions through the Board of Education Retirement System of NY (BERS). The BERS phone number is 1-800-843-5575.
- Your benefits through the UFT Welfare Fund
I am available to answer your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also want to ask you to be sure to sign up on the website to make sure you receive important emails during the school year.
Please "bookmark" this page in your browser and periodically review it as I will update it throughout the year.
OT/PT Chapter Leader
January 30, 2019
March 7, 2019
February 15, 2019
February 7, 2019
Resolution to stand in solidarity with occupational and physical therapists throughout the renegotiation of a contract with the city of New YorkDecember 12, 2018
Your Rights and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
Occupational & Physical Therapists Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: