- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- ADAPT Community Network
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Adult Education
- Bright Horizons
- Block Institute
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Family Child Care Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Lamm Preschool
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Counselors
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Other DOE Chapters
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- CTLE / LearnUFT
- Classroom Resources
- Courses / Workshops
- English Language Learners
- Job Opportunities
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Leadership
- Teacher's Choice
- Team High School
Welcome to the School Nurses Chapter
Welcome to the school nurses' section of the UFT website. In this section, my goal is to help you find information you need quickly. Please check these pages regularly for important updates on school nurses.
If you haven’t done so recently, be sure to sign up here on the website with your current email address. It takes just a minute. Only by signing up can you be sure to receive important emails from our chapter and the union. Signing up also gives you the ability to log in the website to see our contract.
In the 2017–18 school year, school nurses will receive Teacher's Choice funding! You can use your $85 in Teacher's Choice dollars to purchase materials and supplies. For more information and a list of the items that may be purchased using Teacher's Choice funds, please see Appendix C: For Nurses Acceptable Usage of Teacher’s Choice Funds in the DOE's Teacher's Choice guidelines.
Here are some other quick links that may be helpful:
- FAQ from the Department of Education on conflicts of interest
- Your disability benefits from the UFT Welfare Fund
- Recent New York Teacher article on workers’ compensation
- Our pensions through the Board of Education Retirement System of NY (BERS). The BERS phone number is 1-800-843-5575.
- Your benefits through the UFT Welfare Fund
As your chapter leader, I am here for you.
I am available to answer your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep an eye on this website for postings of this year's chapter meeting dates and other events.
I look forward to working with you this school year. Thank you for all your hard work and the dedication you show every day to your students and school.
Your Rights and Benefits
Your Rights and Benefits
School Nurses Contract
- View this contract
- Search the contract: