- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Administrative Education Officers and Analysts
- Education Officers & Education Analysts
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Hearing Officers (Per Session)
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Vision Education Services
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- Federation of Nurses
- Family Child Care Providers
- Get Involved
- Career Timeline
- Teacher Center
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Classroom Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- Courses / Workshops
- Teacher's Choice
- Teacher Leadership
- Transfer Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- District 75
- Positive Learning Collaborative
- Professional Development Resources
- Team High School
Feeling Stressed? Anxious? Need someone to talk to?
We all experience challenges in our personal and professional lives from time to time. While people often handle these on their own, some issues can be difficult to manage without a helping hand.
The Member Assistance Program (MAP) has trained professional counselors who guide you through the problems that can put your health and job in jeopardy. You can expect our services to be confidential, professional and supportive.
The MAP provides short-term counseling to in-service UFT members by professionally trained mental health staff as well as referrals to outside resources.
What does MAP do?
- Offers short-term counseling in the MAP office
- Offers peer support group for bereavement
- Arranges assistance for victims of domestic violence
- Connects you to community support groups to fit your needs
- Offers referrals to appropriate substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health service programs
- Makes referrals for trauma, bereavement and loss.
- Provides referrals for legal and financial counseling services
The MAP phone number is 212-701-9620 and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our normal hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday (summer hours are 9 a.m. – 5:15 p.m., Monday through Thursday). Please note that sessions are by appointment only; no walk-ins. MAP services are provided at no cost to members.
Substance Use Assistance
Are you or someone close to you affected by substance use? MAP offers various types of assistance and referrals for members and their families. Please email Mickey Correa at email@example.com to arrange for a confidential conversation.
Grief Support Group
Are you grieving the loss of a loved one?
The UFT Member Assistance Program (MAP) offers counseling groups to assist you in managing your grief and adjusting to the loss of a family member, significant other, friend or colleague.
For 2017-18 meeting dates, download the flier »
Are you a new teacher?
The UFT's Partners Through Experience program is a voluntary prgram that matches a new teacher (1-3 years) with a recent retiree (1-5 years) to form a collaborative relationship.