- Who We Are
- Where We Stand
- Our Rights
- Our Benefits
- Our Chapters
- Guidance Counselors
- Hearing Education Services
- Lab Specialists
- Occupational / Physical Therapists
- Retired Teachers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Social Workers & Psychologists
- Speech Improvement
- Supervisors of Nurses & Therapists
- Teachers Assigned
- Other DOE Chapters
- Charter School Chapters
- Non-DOE Education Chapters
- UFT Providers
- Federation of Nurses
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Get Involved
|Diversified Equity Fund (A)||77.656||75.061|
|Stable-Value Fund (B)||18.311||18.328|
|International Equity Fund (C)||10.739||10.238|
|Inflation Protection Fund (D)||11.268||11.097|
|Socially Responsive Equity Fund (E)||14.061||13.288|
The UFT offers many pension services to members. If you need more information about your pension plan or do not understand any correspondence or materials from the TRS or BERS, the UFT has a myriad of services to help you. They include:
General Pension Questions & Borough Office Consultations for In-Service Members
You can get answers to questions by phoning one of our borough offices any weekday afternoon, excluding holidays. If you call during the school day you can leave a message and you will get a call back. If you have several questions, planning a career change, resignation, or retirement you should make an appointment for a PRELIMINARY CONSULTATION at any borough office listed below. This private conference will give you an estimate of your retirement allowance and answer your many questions about retirement benefits. We advise that every-one have a minimum of one preliminary borough consultation before your final consultation. You may have more than one preliminary consultation during your career.
Staten Island: 718-605-1400
Workshops and Pension Clinics
Workshops and pension clinics are generally held at UFT offices. Exact times and locations for the current series of workshops are here.
- Timely borough-wide meetings on pension and retirement developments. Check exact times and locations in the New York Teacher.
- Ready-Or-Not pre-retirement planning program - helps to prepare you for the many aspects of retirement. Registration information can be found in the New York Teacher.
- Speakers for chapter meetings or faculty conferences. Ask your chapter leader to call the borough office to arrange for a speaker.
In the fall of the school year you plan to retire, you should schedule an appointment for a final consultation. You are entitled to only one final consultation during your career. To make an appointment call 212-598-6866, 6867 OR 212-777-7500 between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Meetings are scheduled in the borough office most convenient to you. It is advisable that if you are married, your spouse accompany you. A single person could be accompanied by a trusted confidant.
- Estimate your retirement allowance;
- Discuss using the Teachers' Retirement System as a means for protecting heirs and beneficiaries;
- Discuss removing contributions, where permissible, from the system at retirement;
- Aid you in completing the retirement application;
- Learn about health and welfare fund benefits;
- Answer all of your other retirement questions.
Your questions can be answered by calling our Retiree Pension Department at 212-598-9536 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily. Consultants are there to answer your post-retirement questions about your pension including your deferred TDA accumulations.
Have a pension question? Check our comprehensive FAQs >>
The information in the pension FAQs on UFT.org is based on currently available information, which may be subject to change and, as such should not be solely relied upon. We suggest that you consult with an attorney and/or a tax advisor should you have any specific legal or tax questions concerning this information. In all cases, the provisions of the governing laws, rules, and regulations will prevail.