Dignity for All Students (DASA) Training in Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention
Only teachers and school-related professionals applying for NYS certification must take this state mandated six-hour workshop.
This workshop meets the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) training requirement of the NYS Education Department for state certification. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
The UFT offers this workshop to UFT members for a $50 fee for pedagogues and $25 fee for paraprofessionals, by check or money order payable to UFT. Non-members pay $100 in money order only.
Online registration is available to members only.
All fees, payable to the UFT, are NON-REFUNDABLE. Mail-in registration must be received at the UFT Headquarters at least two weeks prior to workshop date. After mail-in registration is received, you will receive a confirmation of your registration. Participants are asked to arrive a half-hour before the workshop begins. Please check the New York Teacher for any additional workshops or possible schedule changes. For further information, call 1-212-701-9413.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Understand the intent components, and operational definitions of the Dignity Act
- Develop sensitivity to the experience of specific student populations
- Understand how school climate and culture have an impact on student achievement and behavior
- Understand bullying, harassment and discrimination, including indicators, early warning signs, prevention and intervention and how to interact with families of victims and aggressors
- Understand diversity and multi-cultural environments and examining your own biases.