Dignity for All Students (DASA) Training in Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention
Summer DASA workshop
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please note, this is a virtual workshop.
Only teachers and school-related professionals applying for NYS certification must take this state mandated six-hour workshop.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Understand the intent components, and operational definitions of the Dignity Act
- Develop sensitivity to the experience of specific student populations
- Understand how school climate and culture have an impact on student achievement and behavior
- Understand bullying, harassment and discrimination, including indicators, early warning signs, prevention and intervention and how to interact with families of victims and aggressors
- Understand diversity and multi-cultural environments and examining your own biases.
This workshop meets the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) training requirement of the NYS Education Department for state certification. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
The UFT offers this workshop to its dues-paying members for a $50 fee for pedagogues (teachers, guidance counselors, PTs/OTs, school secretaries, etc.) and a $25 fee for paraprofessionals. Members may pay via credit card once they have registered online. Non-members must mail in a $100 money order only (no personal checks) made payable to the UFT once they have completed their online registration.
All fees, payable to the UFT, are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Please check the New York Teacher for any additional workshops or possible schedule changes. For further information, call 212-701-9413.