52 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
For help with contractual rights and benefits, salaries, grievances and pensions.
UFT borough offices are open Monday through Friday, when school is in session. To better serve the needs of members, the borough offices remain open one hour longer one day each week. See the hours for each borough below.
- Michael Mulgrew, President, email@example.com
- Mike Sill, Assistant Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debra Penny, Treasurer, email@example.com
- LeRoy Barr, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Brown, Assistant Treasurer, email@example.com
UFT vice presidents
- MaryJo Ginese, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Alford, email@example.com
- Evelyn DeJesus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Goldman, email@example.com
- Janella Hinds, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Mantell, email@example.com
- Sterling Roberson, firstname.lastname@example.org
UFT press office
Advice and assistance about certification and licensing.
Child abuse detection and reporting course
To help prepare for NYS Teaching exams.
To upgrade skills and earn CTLE hours (but not college credit).
Elementary School Workshops
JHS/IS Committee Workshops
Health and cancer
(Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., 24 hr answering machine)
Member Assistance Program (MAP)
For help with personal challenges, including mental health, family and financial matters.
Members with disabilities
For answers to questions regarding the laws that cover reasonable accommodations, call your UFT borough office or George Altomare, the UFT liaison to the Committee for Members who are Capably Disabled, at 212-420-7772, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Union enrollment, contact information updates and issues logging in to the UFT website.
(Monday – Friday, 10-6 p.m.)
Member Services Department
Member ID card requests and UFT discounts.
New York Teacher
NYSUT Member Benefits Trust information
Insurance & discount programs.
Paraprofessional social services
Free and confidential information, counseling and referral services.
Peer Intervention Program
Pension questions and individual consultations. Call your borough office.
Political Action Department
Discussions and activities on subject areas, ethnic issues and special interests.
School Safety & Health Department
To report an incident, call your borough office to go to www.uft.org/our-rights/incident-reporting.
- Emergency Hotline: 212-701-9407
- Environmental issues (asbestos, lead, air quality, blood-borne pathogens, etc.): 212-598-9287
- Violence Prevention Workshops 212-701-9413
- For information: on safety issues: email@example.com
- For information: on health issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stress management program
Workshops to control work-related stress.
College courses, workshops and school-based and citywide professional development.
Victim Support Program
Practical assistance and psychological support to schools and individuals.
Violence prevention workshops
Retiree Social Services
Workers' Compensation Service Program
Confidential assistance and referral.