Be BRAVE Against Bullying
The UFT's BRAVE campaign aims to combat bullying in our schools. Short for Building Respect, Acceptance and Voice through Education, the BRAVE campaign provides educators, parents and students with the tools, knowledge and support to be pro-active in confronting and stopping bullying.
The BRAVE campaign provides an array of resources and tools for educators to make a positive difference in their schools.
- The union is offering anti-bullying workshops for UFT members, parents and students. You can request a workshop online.
- There are online teaching resources available, from background information to lesson plans — see our Resources page.
- The BRAVE campaign also provides a hotline (212-709-3222) for students.
- Students can also text BRAVE to 43961.
- Students can get mental health support via online chat at UFT.org/BRAVEchat.
- We have buttons and bookmarks for UFT members to make the BRAVE campaign visible to students.