Be BRAVE Against Bullying
The UFT's BRAVE campaign aims to combat bullying in our schools. Short for Building Respect, Acceptance and Voice through Education, the BRAVE campaign provides educators, parents and students with the tools, knowledge and support to be pro-active in confronting and stopping bullying.
The BRAVE campaign provides an array of resources and tools for educators to make a positive difference in their schools.
For educators and parents
- Bring a UFT anti-bullying workshop to your school for educators, parents or students. Request a workshop
- Use these online teaching resources to address bullying.
- We have buttons and bookmarks for UFT members to make the BRAVE campaign visible to students.
Students who need mental health support can contact the BRAVE hotline by phone, text or online chat.
- Organize a workshop. Parent leaders and UFT members can bring a BRAVE workshop to their school.
- Contact your school's UFT chapter leader to request buttons, bookmarks and other ways to show support to students.
- Be a visible ally in your school: Wear a BRAVE button; hand out BRAVE bookmarks to students; hang a BRAVE flier on your door.
- Be vocal and intervene when you see bullying happening.
- Come to a workshop: contact the safety rep in your UFT borough office for information. (Parents: talk to your parent and community liaison.) The UFT Middle School Division holds an annual Anti-Bullying Conference at UFT headquarters for hundreds of middle school students and educators.
- Download the BRAVE flier in English or Spanish.
- Print out a BRAVE poster and hang it in your school.
- Download the BRAVE Anti-Bullying Resource Guide.