Student Debt Relief Program
An exclusive member benefit for UFT members
Are you concerned about paying your student loans? The Student Debt Relief Program, an exclusive member benefit brought to you by the UFT, is here to help.
If you are a full-time educator working for the Department of Education, you may be eligible for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Certain teacher licenses may also be eligible for the federal Title 1 forgiveness program. These programs may be able to help you reduce your student debt burden.
Navigating your options and applying for the right programs can be complicated. The Student Debt Relief Program is a brand-new service exclusively for UFT members to help guide you every step of the way.
You can email email@example.com for information. Please note: This email is not for asking technical questions about student loans or eligibility. Members who attend an information session can then work directly with an independent loan specialist who can answer those types of inquiries. Please do not email any personal financial information.
Login information will be sent to you a few days in advance of the webinar after you register.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 12, at 6 p.m.
Upcoming information sessions
All sessions take place at 4 p.m.
Information sessions at UFT borough offices
- Thursday, Oct. 24, in Queens
- Thursday, Oct. 24, in Staten Island
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, in the Bronx
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, in Staten Island
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, in Manhattan
- Thursday, Dec. 5, in Queens
- Thursday, Dec. 5, in Brooklyn
Especially for paraprofessionals
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, in Manhattan
- Thursday, Oct. 24, in Brooklyn