Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu

Certification Information for Paraprofessionals

  • How to complete the NYSED registration process
    A step-by-step guide for registering with the New York State Education Department using your TEACH account.
  • New York State requirements for paraprofessionals
    Learn how to apply for your paraprofessional certificate.
  • Fulfilling your CTLE requirements
    In 2016, the New York State Board of Regents adopted standards that require paraprofessionals who hold Level III teaching assistant certificates to collect and track professional learning credits called Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) hours. Learn about these CTLE requirements according to the New York State Board of Regents.