The UFT’s pension clinics are designed for members in the TRS and BERS systems. It is a mini-course on your retirement benefits.
Topics covered include:
- How to calculate an estimate of your Qualified Pension Plan defined benefit retirement allowance;
- The investment program;
- The Tax-Deferred Annuity program;
- Optional forms of retirement allowance;
- Terminal leave and termination pay; and
- Retirement health insurance and Welfare Fund benefits.
If you're thinking about retiring, we urge you to take advantage of this member service. You may attend more than once, and many of our members do! The information you receive will help you make the important financial decisions for a secure retirement.
Upcoming pension clinics
Pension clinics are for UFT members only. Registration is required. Seating is limited and walk-ins will not be admitted. Please register on the UFT website. Online registration links will generally be available three weeks prior to each event. Bring proof of registration and your UFT membership card. Please do not call to register.
- Stay tuned for upcoming clinics!
- Stay tuned for upcoming workshops!