The UFT’s pension clinic is designed for members who are thinking of retiring in a year or two. It is a mini-course on your retirement benefits.
Topics covered include:
- How to calculate an estimate of your Qualified Pension Plan defined benefit retirement allowance;
- The Teachers’ Retirement System’s investment program;
- The Tax-Deferred Annuity program;
- Optional forms of retirement allowance;
- Terminal leave and termination pay; and
- Retirement health insurance and Welfare Fund benefits.
If you're thinking about retiring, we urge you to take advantage of this member service. You may attend more than once, and many of our members do! The information you receive will help you make the important financial decisions for a secure retirement.